Job Title : Translator
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Translation/Computational Linguistics,Translation
Job Description :
SDL International (London Stock Exchange: ‘SDL’) is the leader in global information management (GIM) solutions that empower organizations to accelerate the delivery of high-quality multilingual content to global markets. Its enterprise software and services integrate with existing business systems to manage global information from authoring to publication and throughout the distributed localization supply chain.
Global industry leaders rely on SDL to provide enterprise software or hosted services for their GIM processes, including Audi, Bayer, Best Western, Bosch, Canon, Deutsche Bank, Kodak, Microsoft, Morgan Stanley, Reuters and SAP. SDL has implemented more than 150 enterprise GIM solutions, has deployed over 130,000 software licenses across the GIM ecosystem and provides access to on-demand translation portals for 10 million customers per month. Over 1000 service professionals deliver consulting, implementation and language services through its global infrastructure of more than 50 offices in 30 countries. For more information, visit http://www.sdl.com
We are looking for a Translator Intern to develop their career in translation and have the opportunity to work in a variety of industry sectors.The chosen applicant will be joining an existing team in-house translators. The successful candidate will be a fluent in the target language Polish and English, with and excellent communication/writing skills. The role will be based in Bydgoszcz, Poland.
Ideally, the candidate will have the following profile:
· Be a Graduate or Post Graduate in Linguistics, Modern Languages or Translation Studies.
· Experience as a proof-reader of professional translations would be an advantage.
· Be able to produce work of a high standard on a consistent basis and have good organizational and time management skills.
· An eye for detail and the ability to work successfully under pressure and to tight deadlines are essential requirements.
· A good grasp of MS Office and good communication skills (spoken and written) are also mandatory.
· Should be a strong team player, who will prove flexible and motivated, as well as keen to learn.
· Working knowledge of Translation Memory tools would be an advantage but full training will be given.
Skill : Translation -> Translation Degree, Translator
Translation – Computational Linguistics -> Computational Linguist, Graduate in Languages/Translation
Other Skills :
- Extremely high level of fluency in Polish language;>Excellent computer literacy;
- Language degree or similar relevant qualification;
- Fluency in English compulsory;
- Detail-oriented and quality-focused;
- Organized, able to work in a professional environment and with excellent communication skills;
- Flexible and able to work under pressure/tight deadlines;
- Experience in medical, technical translation (such as automotive, mechanical engineering) and marketing translations would be a plus.
Location : Bydgoszcz KP PL 85-766