30th Research Summer School
27 Aug – 7 Sep 2018
Followed by an international conference on Publishing in Translation Studies
7 – 8 Sep 2018
Both at KU Leuven, campus Antwerp, Belgium
CETRA Chair Professor:
Sandra L. HALVERSON
Western Norway University, Bergen, Norway
On the occasion of the 30th edition of the CETRA Summer School, this anniversary edition will be followed by an international conference on ‘Publishing in Translation Studies’. Participation in the 2018 Summer School also includes free participation in the conference.
Summer School staff
Pieter Boulogne, Elke Brems, Leo Tak-hung Chan, Dirk Delabastita, Isabelle Delaere, Lieven D’hulst, Dilek Dizdar, Yves Gambier, Daniel Gile, Arnt Lykke Jakobsen, Haidee Kruger, Reine Meylaerts, Franz Pöchhacker, Sara Ramos Pinto, Heidi Salaets, Christina Schäffner and Luc van Doorslaer
Basic activities and components of the Summer School:
- Public Lectures by the CETRA Professor on key topics. A preliminary reading list will be provided and all topics are to be further developed in discussions.
- Theoretical-methodological seminars given by the CETRA staff. Basic reading materials will be made available in advance.
- Tutorials: individual discussions of participants’ research with the CETRA Professor and the CETRA staff.
- Workshops in small groups according to topic or methodology.
- Students’ papers: presentation of participants’ individual research projects followed by open discussion.
- Publication: each participant is invited to submit an article based on the presentation, to be refereed and published on the CETRA Digital Shelf or in an edited volume.
Two application rounds
First round (for early birds) – application deadline: 5 March 2018
Second round – application deadline: 1 May 2018
For further information:
- please contact Steven Dewallens: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or visit our website: http://www.arts.kuleuven.be/cetra/summer_school
- and conference website: http://www.arts.kuleuven/cetra/publishinginTS
Source: CETRA – KU Leuven