The International Terminology Summer School (TSS 2014) will take place next year in Vienna, from 14 to 18 July 2014.
TSS is a practice-oriented 5-day training course on terminology management. It addresses language professionals (translators, terminologists, localization experts, etc.), students and scientists who look for a comprehensive, state-of-the-art introduction to terminology theory and practice.
Reserve your place at TSS 2014 today! You may register until early June 2014. However, places are limited, we advise you wait not too long.
UNDERSTANDING TERMINOLOGY MANAGEMENT
• Introduction to Terminology Work
• Applied Principles of Terminology Work
• Retrieving and Validating Relevant Online Information for Terminology Work
TERMINOLOGY MANAGEMENT SKILLS
• Data Modelling: Data Categories for Terminology Management
• Creating a Terminology Database
• Terminology Tools – A closer look at Terminology Management Systems
• Terminology Workflows and Interfaces
TERMINOLOGY STRATEGIES FOR BUSINESS PROCESSES
• Three "P"s in Terminology Management: Project, Product, Process
• Case Studies: Terminology and Technical Documentation
• Case Studies: Legal Translation and Terminology
STANDARDS AND LEGAL ISSUES FOR TERMINOLOGY WORK
• Terminology Work for Literary Translation
• Terminology and other Knowledge Organization Systems
• Standards for Terminology Work
• Copyright Issues for Terminology Management
International renowned experts in terminology and terminology management will cover the TSS topics but also take time during the whole week to help participants with the most individual questions and problems.
ECQA CERTIFICATION FOR TERMINOLOGY MANAGERS:
The TSS2014 program is developed in cooperation with the ECQA initiative and this makes possible for TSS2014 participants to obtain the ECQA Certificate for Terminology Managers by performing the official ECQA exam for the job role Certified Terminology Manager – Basic or Certified Terminology Manager – Advanced.
SOCIAL NETWORKING AND SIDE EVENTS:
TSS gives the opportunity to the participants to network and discuss in a relaxed and resourceful environment with peers and colleagues during the side events planned for this purpose. Enjoy the Terminology Breakfasts every morning before classes, participant in the "get to know each other" event on Monday after the first day of classes. Meet your colleagues in the different "after school" events during the week.
You can find all information about TSS2014 at: http://www.termnet.org/english/events/tss_2014/index.php
(this website will be constantly updated in the next months with more and more information)
or contact us (events). We will be happy to answer your questions.