Product Manager – Translator Productivity
Job Title : Product Manager – Translator Productivity
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Product Management
Job Description :
Main Purpose of Job
Manage and facilitate all aspects of the release and launch of the Online Editing, Reviewing and Collaboration products within the Translator Productivity product line. Work closely with software lead architects, software development teams, quality assurance, software documentation and other product managers to ensure smooth, efficient, pragmatic and successful ongoing product development. The product manager interacts with other key resources from other functions such as sales, pre-sales support, professional services, marketing, post-sales support, etc. as required to ensure the product meets the market requirements.
- Manage the delivery of the next generation online translation editing, reviewing and collaboration products
- Responsible for the delivery of high-quality, high-value, easy-to-use, innovative products that meet defined business needs
- Capture customer and market requirements into user stories and functional specifications, taking input from marketing, sales, professional services and support
- Produce clear, documented roadmaps for products
- Follow agreed processes to coordinate all activities related to product delivery
- Perform usability analysis to ensure product designs are easy-to-use
- Ensure products are fully tested, documented and delivered on-time
- Proactively respond to customer needs and competitive forces
- Evangelise product attributes internally and externally
- Deliver training for support and professional services organisations
- Provide specialist pre-sales and marketing support as needed
- Ensure all product stakeholders work productively together towards agreed objectives
- Align closely with product marketing and product development
- Ability to capture, assess and prioritise customer and market requirements, including analysis of cost vs. value of features for revenue, innovation, competitive advantage, etc.
- Experience working with different customer feedback methods, such as customer meetings, user groups, customer advisory boards, online forums, etc.
- Experience defining and influencing the usability of desktop and/or enterprise software
- Written communication skills in the context of user stories, functional specifications, technical white papers, release notes, competitive analyses, roadmaps, customer feedback, etc.
- Presentation skills in the context of specialist technology and roadmap presentations to SDL management, SDL technical people, customers and conference audiences
- Interpersonal skills with the credibility to gain respect from a wide range of people
- Project management skills and experience for large-scale software development projects
- Understanding of the latest technologies such as .Net, C#, WPF, Silverlight, etc.
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of authoring, content management and/or translation technologies (ideally online translation editing solutions)
- Experience of relevant productivity tools such as MS Project, TFS, SharePoint, etc.
Skill : Software/Web Development -> .NET, XML
Other Skills : Agile software development experience
Location : 1. Maidenhead HC UK
2. Sheffield MID UK