Guest Lecturers, Russian Lawyers And Translators
MA Legal Translation
City University – Centre for Translation Studies
The Centre for Translation Studies is looking for suitably qualified candidates to teach the following: –
- Russian law, in the areas of
- Contract Law
- Property Law
- Company law
- Commercial law
- Financial law
- English into Russian Legal Translation workshops in the above areas of law
Any work offered would be up to 3-4 times a year for one or two days only (Fridays and Saturdays). Workshop tutors would also be expected to mark student assignments. The pay is currently £45 p.h. (plus 17.65% holiday pay for Visiting lecturers only). Marking student assignments is paid extra.
We require the following qualifications and experience:
- A degree /professional qualification in Russian Law Teaching experience, preferably in an HE environment
- A qualification or experience of legal translation in either a commercial or academic context would be desirable
- A qualification or experience of legal translation in either a commercial or academic context.
- A professional or academic qualification in translation
- Teaching experience, preferably in an HE environment
- Some knowledge of Russian and English law
Interested applicants should e-mail their CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday 1st March 2010.
The University for business and the professions
Click here for Employer Profile