Category Localization Specialist, Linguistics (Temporary) – Portugal
This temporary position is based in Portugal.
This is an eight to ten week contract and will be offered through a local employment agency.
The area: Localisation
As Google continues to expand its reach around the world, our Localisation team makes the company’s ideas and products look, feel, and sound right in every country where people use our services and products. Google has been localised in more than 100 languages, our advertising and consumer products are available in 40 languages, and we’re adding more content, products, and languages all the time. We collaborate with international Engineering, Product, and Marketing teams to steer products through the localisation process and ensure successful launches across the globe. Our team consists of enthusiastic, creative, and knowledgeable people who excel in a fast-paced, culturally diverse environment.
The role: Category Localization Specialist, Linguistics (Temporary)
As a Category Localization Specialist, you will help to derive effective Local Search business categories for Google Maps in Portugal. These will be used to answer user’s queries and provide a powerful browse and explore mechanism. More concretely we want to assign categories to search listings and then use them to improve search quality of Google in Portugal.
This is an exciting and demanding full-time role that will give you a fantastic view of the internals of Google search from a geographical perspective.
* Using tools built for this project, review the types of businesses Internet users search for and give names to the proper categories for those businesses.
* Document and index the category names in a spreadsheet.
* Provide explanations of the categories and synonyms for the categories.
* Research, edit, and create business categories.
* Fluent in both Portuguese and English.
* Extensive experience with Portuguese life, culture, and language.
* Experience with translating from Portuguese to English.
* First class experience of indexing, categorisation, or language study (e.g., Master of Library Science, linguistics, comparative literature, social science, biology).
* Familiarity with use of search engine, Office applications, and spreadsheets.
* Interaction with English-speaking international offices, take feedback, and improve on the business categorisation based on that feedback.
* Work under an NDA with access to Google proprietary search data.
For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII) or HTML version of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important: The subject field of your email must include Category Localization Specialist, Linguistics (Temporary) – Portugal.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.