Job Title : Translator Intern
Job Type : Fixed Term Contract
Category : Translation
Job Description :
SDL International (London Stock Exchange: ‘SDL’) is the leader in global information management (GIM) solutions that empower organizations to accelerate the delivery of high-quality multilingual content to global markets. Its enterprise software and services integrate with existing business systems to manage global information from authoring to publication and throughout the distributed localization supply chain.
Global industry leaders rely on SDL to provide enterprise software or hosted services for their GIM processes, including Audi, Bayer, Best Western, Bosch, Canon, Deutsche Bank, Kodak, Microsoft, Morgan Stanley, Reuters and SAP. SDL has implemented more than 150 enterprise GIM solutions, has deployed over 130,000 software licenses across the GIM ecosystem and provides access to on-demand translation portals for 10 million customers per month. Over 1000 service professionals deliver consulting, implementation and language services through its global infrastructure of more than 50 offices in 30 countries. For more information, visit http://www.sdl.com.
We are currently looking for motivated English-to-German Translator Interns to join our in-house team in Munich, Germany, for a 6 month period.
The role of Translator Intern involves tasks as:
Translating texts from different subject matters within a given time frame
Working with translation memory tools (e.g. SDL Trados, SDL MultiTerm)
Testing of software, help of web sontents
Checking lay-out of texts and supporting dtp department
Supporting our account leads with admin tasks
The successful candidate has the following profile:
* Native (or genuine bi-lingual) competency in the target language of German
* Educated to degree level with a qualification in Translation or have a very strong linguistic background
* Very high level of fluency in English (preferred over knowledge of several source languages)
* Highly organized, flexible and able to work successfully in a very fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
* Excellent communication skills
* Detail-orientated and quality-focused
* PC literate with excellent MS Office experience
Experience with Translation Memory tools (SDLX/Trados) would be an advantage